Covid-19 Guidance- Step 4
On the 6 July, the DfE published guidance : Schools COVID operational guidance (applies from Step 4).
- At Step 4 the DfE no longer recommend that it is necessary to keep children in consistent groups ('bubbles').
- Assemblies can restart.
- Children can mix at e.g. at lunch/break time etc.
- Schools will not need to do contact tracing. The NHS will now contact trace.
- From 16th August, children under 18 will no longer have to self-isolate if NHS Test and Trace contact them. Instead, they will be advised to take a PCR test.
- Face coverings will no longer be advised for pupils, staff or visitors either in the classroom or in communal areas.
- Schools needs to have an 'Outbreak Management Plan', outlining how they should operate if there were an outbreak in school or the local area (see document below).
- If a parent or carer insists on a pupil with symptoms attending school, schools can refuse the pupil in order to protect other pupils and staff from possible infection.
- Schools should provide remote learning education for children who are unable to attend school due to following government guidance e.g. if they need to self-isolate or have tested positive but are well enough to learn from home.
- Parents are advised that they should avoid seeking permission to take children out of school during term time and that any self-isolation (before or after) should also fall within the school holidays.
We have updated our risk assessments and there will be systems and procedures in place to ensure the safety of everyone in our school community.
Please make sure that you have read all the information.
If you have any queries or questions, then please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
If your child has any of the following symptoms, please do not send them into school. If a child displays these symptoms while in school, we will contact a parent and ask the child to be taken home.
- A new, continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss or change in sense of taste or smell
If your child is feeling unwell, please take a Lateral Flow test before bringing them into school.
Covid 19 Catch up funding